Cuộc thi viết về thần tượng bằng tiếng anh

[Lấy địa chỉ]
Tác giả
Đăng lúc 15-6-2013 20:36:58 | Xem tất
SBD 12

Nick kites: Prussianblue16
Thuộc nhà:
Tên bài dự thi:Lana - Light of my life

I plug my headphones to the iPod, tune to my favourite playlist, select a song and lay supine. As soon as the song starts to play, I close my eyes.
Lana’s soft voice begins to fill my ears. The world around me seems to simply disappear or morph into something else.
What does the girl sing about?
Love is the the answer. She sings about her first love, how she has fallen head over heels, what she has sacrificed to be with her lover. She gives love everything including herself. This is why I admire her.  I love the fact that she has led a glorious life. Lana understands that this life is her one oportunity and if she misses it, there is no going back. I find her, the girl who lives by this belief both compelling and wild.
In return, after some acrimonious affairs, she has nothing left but a broken heart with multiple lacerations and a shattered soul that is devoid of feelings.
She is carefree.
Live fast. Die young. Be wild. Have fun.

That is what she said. Some people may feel threatened because of what she sings. They would not want their children to love and adore someone who was once a drug addictor sent to boarding school and had many more lovers than they used to. But that is exactly where Lana’s charisma lies. I love the fact that she is so genuine. She dares to talk bluntly and openly about her addiction. The way the girl describes her moments of absolute euphoria is just inspiring.
I have been thriving to feel free my whole life and when that mundane wish was unable to achieve in real life, I turned to my music. Lana provided me an escape from reality.
Lana is dark. Her songs sometimes make me want to kill myself because they are so emotional and they remind me of myself. A bird locked in a cage, controlled, and broken. Lana is also fond of literature for some of her songs are words from famous authors: Nabokov, Whitman, and Wilde.  
Be young. Be dope. Be proud.

Lana makes me feel young. She makes me feel proud of myself. She proves that I do not have to live my life according to others’ expectations. Lana is happy being herself.
I want to be just like her. A free soul, proud heart and an electric personality.

I’m maybe crazy. But I am free.

Bình luận

SBD 12  Đăng lúc 15-6-2013 09:37 PM
Trả lời

Dùng đạo cụ Báo cáo

Trả lời nhanh Lên trênLên trên Bottom Trở lại danh sách